Blush Raspberry Crumble Bars
DELICIOUS PLANT BASED DESSERT OR SNACK RECIPE
Your weekend is calling for a delicious fall snack made with wholesome ingredients.
Don't forget to share and tag us @smoovblends in your creations. We really do love seeing them, seriously. We even give you a free pouch for every 5 creations you share with us!
1 cup Oat Flour
1 cup Rolled Oats
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp vanilla cream blend
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp blush blend
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.In a large mixing bowl, combine all the crust ingredients: oat flour, rolled oats, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla cream blend, salt, and vanilla.
2. Squeeze the batter with your hands to bring all the ingredients in contact and create a dough that sticks together. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, until the dough is soft and stick together.
3. Press 1 cup of the dough all over the baking dish, using a spatula to smoothen the dough and make sure there is no hole left. Set aside leftover dough in a small mixing bowl in the fridge. You will use it for the crumble on top of the bar.
4. Place the pan in the fridge while you make the raspberry chia seed jam.
Raspberry chia seed jam
1. In a small saucepan, add the raspberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, blush blend and chia seeds.
2. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat until bubbles form on the sides of the pan.
3. Mash the raspberries using a fork or potato masher and keep cooking for 2 minutes, stirring all the time to prevent the jam from burning. It should slightly thicken but still be very runny. It will thicken in the oven, don't worry.
4. Pour the jam on top of the prepared crust, then use the remaining dough to crumble all other the bar.
5. Bake the bar for 35 minutes or until crispy on top and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
7. Cool for 3 hours or until it reaches room temperature before slicing it into about 10 bars.
8. Waiting will prevent the bar from crumbling, and the jam will set perfectly.
Store the bars in the pantry in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Otherwise, freeze and defrost the day before breakfast.
Life's too short to eat boring foods, but also not long enough to just eat junk. And if you think eating healthy is boring or hard, look again! Our superfood blends are made with vibrant and functional superfoods- packed with nutrients making it the most satisfying way to eat healthy with just a spoonful!
You are one click away from making fun & healthy creations with your family.
So... what's stopping you? SHOP BELOW
Subscribe to make healthy REALLY fun & easy!
Special Offers, Recipes, Books...
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!
Tag us @smoovblends in all your creations to get featured on our social and website/blog!