Plant-Based Vibrant Easter Dessert recipe
With Easter a couple of hops away, we've got naturally nutritious and vibrant powders for any and every theme!
These are the perfect treats to make this easter weekend- or maybe save it for a gender reveal🎉
Wishing you and yours a hoppy weekend!🐰
Don't forget to share and tag us @smoovblends in your creations. We really do love seeing them, seriously. We even give you a free pouch for every 5 creations you share with us!
This recipe was carefully crafted by the super talented Aga from @dayliciousdilemmas
For the cupcakes
1 cup plant-based milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Maple syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix
1/2 cup light olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups grated carrots
½ cup chopped pecans
Handful of Easter egg candies and dark chocolate shavings for garnish
For the frosting:
1/2 can coconut cream, chilled overnight
1 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp Smoov Blush Blend
1 1/2 Tbsp Smoov Wave Blend
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with liners. Set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice and plant based milk. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and gingerbread spice mix.
4. To the first bowl add olive oil, vanilla and whisk together.
5. Combine dry and wet ingredients, using spatula scrape down the sides to bring all the ingredients together.
6. Stir in grated carrots and chopped nuts until well combined with the batter.
7. Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cavities.
8. Bake on the center rack of oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown (pick inserted in the center should come out clean).
9. Cool down on a rack completely before piping the frosting.
1. Add coconut cream and vegan cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl
2. Using an electric mixer beat them together on medium speed until light, fluffy and soft peaks form.
3. Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Beat for about 10 seconds.
4. Divide frosting into three bowls. Add 1 Tbsp of Blush Blend to the first of them (for the pink frosting), add 1 Tbsp Wave Blend to the second (for the blue frosting) add 1 tsp of Blush Blend and 1 tsp of Wave Blend to the third (for the purple frosting) and mix using electric mixer. Cover the bowls and place in the fridge to chill for for at least half an hour.
5. Spread or pipe onto the tops of the cupcakes. Top with Easter egg candies and dark chocolate shavings.Enjoy!
Life's too short to eat boring foods, but also not long enough to just eat junk. And if you think eating healthy is boring or hard, look again! Our superfood blends are made with vibrant and functional superfoods- packed with nutrients making it the most satisfying way to eat healthy with just a spoonful!
You are one click away from making fun & healthy creations with your family.
So... what's stopping you? SHOP BELOW
Subscribe to make healthy REALLY fun & easy!
Special Offers, Recipes, Books...
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!
Tag us @smoovblends in all your creations to get featured on our social and website/blog!